Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC Meeting 14th September.

Options
  • 31-08-2023 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone has an interest it looks like it's an opportunity for every member to have their say.

Sorry I can't link the email but hopefully someone else will.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

September 14th 2023

Governing Body Meeting 

NASRPC

Thursday September 14th 2023

7:30pm

online via Zoom

NASRPC will hold a Quarterly Governing Body meeting on Thursday September 14th

The meeting will be held on Zoom, call details to follow with Final Agenda.

This is the provisional agenda for the meeting

Any motions to the meeting must be submitted by your club secretary,

on the proposal form, to secretary@nasrpc.ie, no later than Wednesday September 6th.

The final agenda for the meeting will then be published on Thursday September 7th.

Member Reports

As you will see we have set time aside for each Designated Representative to give a progress report from their club.

If you wish to publish any supporting documentation for that report - please submit it for inclusion in the final agenda, no later than Wednesday September 6th.

Please try to ensure that your club has selected a designated representative to represent your clubs members at the meeting.

Of course, other members of your club are welcome to attend and contribute to the discussions and debates before the meeting.

For any further Details on what is required, please refer to

the Constitution and Rules of the National Association of Sporting Rifle & Pistol Clubs.

National Association of Sporting Rifle & Pistol Clubs

Hon. Secretary

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

The members are the clubs not the individuals in the clubs in that organisation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

True, but does include this snippet:

Of course, other members of your club are welcome to attend and contribute to the discussions and debates before the meeting.

So seems ordinary folks could attend, at least partially.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

The ordinary folks won' be at the actual meeting. So what are they saying? That the club reps aren't doing their job?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Quite possibly.

I only found out who our club rep is through asking, doesn't get put into the newsletter or even renewal bumpf.

Beyond that never heard from a club rep at any of the ranges, so probably the comms to normal range members are pretty nonexistent.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They could also be sending a message to club members that have in the past turned up and joined in the meeting as if they were the elected representative of their club.

It can be interpreted in different ways but it's there for a specific reason.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭NASRPC

Full details are in the NASRPC Constitution.

but ... to prevent any confusion or chinese whispers ....

-------

All members - of all members clubs - have always been welcome to attend and take part in any discussions or debates in NASRPC Meetings.

-------

Each member club will send a "designated representative" - to represent the interests of their club and their members - at a meeting.

Only the designated representatives may vote - one vote per club.

the Designated representatives and the National Executive comprise "the Governing Body"

-------

Only agenda items may be voted upon - with a draft agenda being published 3 weeks prior and the final agenda published 2 weeks prior - to give every club ample time to review them and discuss them with their membership - and decide on how their designated rep should vote at the meeting.

There are also reports and other discussion items on the agenda where anyone may comment or seek clarity.

-------

This is the way it has been for at least the last decade - people seemed not to be aware of it - so the invite for this meeting was sent to the full mailing list (hundreds) rather that the club contact mailing list (~15)

Post edited by NASRPC on

So, are the actual members are the clubs, not the individuals within the clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭NASRPC

To clarify a few assumptions in the thread ...

Most NASRPC communications are sent to the mailing list - so subscribe if you want to get them. Some go to Facebook also, but that is primarily around matches.

The last members update email can be seen here

" https://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=b7546edd4a05c5c25d5a79459&id=19421f10be "

As per the constitution - NASRPC has target shooting clubs as it's members (the name is a bit of a giveaway)

They are all equal members of the Governing Body, regardless of size - as in this context it is the sport, on a National Basis, that they are responsible for - rather than any local or parochial concerns.

Advertisement