Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Valencia

Options
  • 31-08-2023 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Booked flights for Valencia next February; 5 of us going, the 3 kids are aged 9, 12 & 14.

Was hoping someone could give recommendations on somewhere to stay, seems most hotels do not cater for 5 and therefore airbnb is a cheaper option than 2 rooms.

Also, any ideas on what area would be good to stay, things to see - so far I have the Aquarium and Science Museum as things to do, places to eat, is travel easy - any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Have just got back from Valencia, really enjoyed it but we stayed outside of the city center in an AirBNB near the beach at El Cabanyal. It’s about 15e in Uber and 15 mins away. We didn’t really want to stay in the center of the city and it was really nice to wander 5 mins down to the beach. Great public transport also.

Russafa is also a lovely place we walked around and much closer.

Also recommend the thermal springs trip out of the city visiting Montajenos and several waterfalls with swimming, it’s an all day trip but not sure if weather friendly in Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrsmason

my Husband and I went to Valencia in July and stayed in a hotel beside the old town square. It was a great location as it was lovely in the evening to walk round, one evening there was a free concert which was brilliant. That said the transport is brilliant, we got the metro and the bus which were regular and very reasonable. The aquarium is very good, we really enjoyed.

Advertisement