Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video transfer interrupted

Options
  • 31-08-2023 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was transferring a family video from one hard drive to another but inadvertently disconnected them before the full transfer was complete. I deleted the original file before I realised and tried to recover it but no joy. The original file was .MPEG and just over 1 Gb and the portion that transferred is 800Mb. It won't play on any program and I'm wondering if it is possible to do something to the partial file to allow me to play it again. Great sentimental memories on it so I would be extremely grateful if anybody could help. I'm thinking the information is there but because of my error no video player can make sense of the file and there could me something done to make it playable?

Advertisement