Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New site - "Discovered but not indexed" on Google, not showing in Google search at all !

Options
  • 30-08-2023 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I created a new website for a relation to publicise a book using Weebly.

Submitted the sitemap to Google and Bing - Bing has indexed it and returns results.

I had requested that Google index it over a week ago but it is still not indexed 2 weeks on - Google Search Console is stuck at "Discovered but not indexed" and searching for the site using site:myurl.com doesn't return anything. And therefore searching for myurl in Google doesn't return any records.

I do not have any backlinks as it doesn't seem possible to include a website URL in the Amazon book listing. I have the main keywords on all the website pages in Weebly.

Is it normal for Google to take this long to index a new site ?

I've been in touch with Weebly support and they say they can't do anything about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it is normal.

Try making some social media posts which link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭long_b

Any other suggestions folks ?

Have tried a few social media posts and even gone as far as starting a Google AdWords campaign for the site but still no indexing by Google

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭long_b

Eventually got indexed by Google in _November_

Advertisement