Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry's tech insurance, cancelled my direct debt, but I'm still covered?

Options
  • 29-08-2023 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Unsure if this is the ideal forum for this but;

I took out tech insurance on my laptop last year.

Pay monthly for each month, and at the end of May I cancelled it (I figured after 10 months it should be largely okay).

The end of July, total malfunction - and when I brought it into the store, thinking I'd have to pay for a repair, the store assistant mentioned I'm still insured.

No way cause I cancel the direct debt - but their system hasn't updated - still.

So I'm getting insurance claims/repairs, but not paying.

Is this unusual, happened to anyone else?

And what will happen ultimately?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Allinall

It would still be under warranty, so regardless of the insurance situation they would have it fixed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭blackbox

When you signed up for insurance you probably agreed a contract for a year or maybe even three years.

If you are still in contract you are probably insured, but you still owe them for the months you didn't pay. You should read the documentation they gave you when you signed up,

There is probably an exit procedure where you can give them notice to terminate the contract. Simply stopping payment is unlikely to be an agreed process.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This.

You could find yourself getting a call from debt collectors in 10 years time, looking for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Paid on a month to month basis.

I'm assuming the cancellation of my DD simply hasn't shown up or registered on their payment system.

Which is surprising.

In physics we trust....

Advertisement