Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 5

Options
  • 29-08-2023 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭

EA UFC 5 Beta registration now open, codes will be sent out mid September.

Insider Gaming posted some 'leaks' that the game will launch October 27th. It will have Mike Tyson, Ali and Fedor as preorder bonus fighters. It will release only on current gen (PS5, Xbox series), no pc release.

Volk and Valentina will be on the cover while Izzy will be in the deluxe cover.

Game will feature an online career mode consisting of only created fighters where you earn evolve tokens to improve your player.

Will see if any of that pans out, the online career mode doesn't appeal to me, especially after last game, people find the meta and spam it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game releasing 27th October.

Reveal trailer using in-game engine, looking tasty. Preorder to get Fedor, Ali and Tyson.

First look today, 4pm Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

What is the current impression of UFC 4? I really enjoyed 2 and still play 3 but never bothered getting 4 as I seem to remember people saying that they didn’t change a huge amount or add to the career mode when it was released.

UFC 4 sucked balls. The standup was crisper, especially clinch moves but the ground game got worse. Borefest of trying to transition while the other guy just blocks and the ground and pound had zero impact and missing basic moves. Submission game was overly complex and again boring. So, you were left with a stand and bang type game or you focused on grappling. Didn't feel very mma at all. Lack of modes towards other previous games and they focused on fortnite costumes for fighters as rewards. Career mode was very tedious with each camp taking way too much time to get through. Fun 5 minute fight, boring 30 minute camp.

Ea Play is on offer at the month 1 month for 1 euro and ufc 4 is part of it if you wanted to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had the same opinion on UFC4. The ground game and submission systems need a rethink. I see from the video that they've at least addressed submissions in UFC 5. The UFC 4 career mode was fun at the start, but then became very tedious very quickly.

20 minute long gameplay deep dive video dropping at 10pm Irish time. Video created my Martial Mind youtuber who is very technical at the previous UFC games so this should be good.

Gameplay vid below. It looks very similar to UFC 4 even with a 3 year break and new engine. Lot of new mechanics going on in the fight sound very interesting and I like the look of the new subs but still questioning the ground game. I've been following Martial for a few years now and believe him when he gives his opinion on something. I know he's working with EA on this but he says his test sessions have been an absolute blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I mean..It's product placement/sponsorship. He 100% isn't going to begrudge the game. I like his videos too, but can't take any non-criticism seriously. It's literally on EA Sports UFC's YouTube page!

Was the same for people when the new version of PES/eFootball came out. All of the 'influencers' talking about how amazing it is etc...We all know how that went.

Be put up another video addressing it and said that when the game comes out, he'll have no be problem talking about any bad stuff that might be in it so we'll have that but yeah, this video was just a chance at a high level player talking about the features. I'm still very skeptical anyway, sounds like it will have minimal modes with online career being the highlight but the sound of it doesn't appeal to me unless it turns like like Ultimate Team from UFC 2, that was a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

Beta codes being sent out, just got mine. Devs put a warning on Reddit though that it's not the final build and a lot of features mentioned yesterday are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I’m wary too. Looks way too similar to previous games. I had a taste for a good UFC game but needs to be some bit fresh

Oh, mentioned in PlayStation bargain thread, EA Play 1 month is on sale for 1 euro until end of September. If you buy it just before that, you should be able to play the trial of ufc 5 early like other ea play games and get a 10% discount if you end up buying it. 1 euro try the game will be worth it.

The beta is finished and as much as i want this day 1 because mma is only 1 of 2 sports i watch, I'm waiting for a sale. It really plays like UFC 4.5. You would not think there was a 3 year break and new engine. The ground game is the same except the new submissions which are at least a bit more fluid but not sure if it will be a good system in the long run. The damage system is cool but the game again just has a complete lack of modes. Career, online career, fight now or fight week challenges. More might be added but it looked like the final list. I have a feeling career mode will get boring very quickly again as their attention went to online career. Beta was just online career and fight week stuff. Have to say, the few fights i had online were fun but it seems it could have been an update to ufc 4.

I'm gonna play the ea play trial to experience the full game but at the moment, it's looking like a wait for half price sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just call it a day and go back to fight night. MMA just doesn’t translate well to a controller IMO

UFC Undisputed games were a laugh and I loved EA MMA. Not sure why the EA UFC games can't figure it out. They have parts of them that are really good and then parts really bad and 4 was such a misstep from 3. Another dev needs a go.

Game modes deep dive. Jesus, it's incredible how low effort 5 has looked so far. It's basically UFC 4. Online career looks like Ultimate Team from ufc 2/3 except it looks less interesting in this the way you but moves instead of getting random cards of moves to build a fighter.

Kumite and back yard are back, Jesus, didn't even bother adding a new non mma venue. Career mode looks exactly as the same except you can now simulate training camps which was a pain to go through in 4 so good thing here but sounds like there's **** all difference then.

Online ranked, same as 4, 20 divisions to climb.

Live fight week, same as 3, predict fights and play the fights.

And that's it. Oh, all these modes give xp for your battlepass that unlocks animated pants. Everything people hated in 4 is back in this and no sign of what people wanted like be the coach mode or be Dana White mode. It's mental they took 3 years to put out 4.5 and charging 80 quid for it. I hate to be negative about it when it's not even out but not looking good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No positives in whats out there about 5 so far, really lazy and just a rehash of 4. Think this will be one to just wait and pick it up in a sale at Christmas.

First 30 minutes of career mode, looks EXACTLY like UFC 4 career mode except you'll get the option to sim training camp.

A few people have posted an early stream of the game where they went through the whole roster and confirmed there are no new fighters since UFC 4. That's a bit crazy, not even a roster update on 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was watching UFC on Sat and when they'd mention the upcoming UFC 5, they'd say all new this and that!

Now it didn't sink in what they said as I can't remember, but it's becoming increasingly evident that this is the same damn game as UFC 4 and EA shouldn't be left to get away with this shoddy shít.

Early access live today from Deluxe Edition owners and EA Play. I have EA play until end of this week so will have 10 hours to try career mode although from what I've seen, it looks like an actually copy and paste of UFC 4 career mode except you can sim training camp. It's actually mental how lazy this looks. Like there's 3 devs working on it and they had minimum budget to make a new UFC game.

Also, devs said the below features will be added after launch, yeah that's great but they're things that should have been in st launch. I've a feeling after ea play trial, I'll be waiting for deep sale.

Right, played a few hours of the ea play trial and it's very.....underwhelming. It feels and looks so much like UFC 4, it's jarring. Sure you can skip training sessions once you have them completed at a grade but it's still got the same problems as the last career mode. Want to learn a Kimura (I learned that on my very first class of BJJ), You need become champ and then you can learn it. Just nonsensical design. It's still not a patch on EA MMA career mode. Travelling around the world to different gyms to learn styles and moves.

Anyway, the fighting is fun and the new damage system is tasty but the ground game is the exact same except for the new transition subs which flow nicely, much better than previous sub mechanics. But the whole ground game of transitions (faking and blocking) just feels robotic and not like an actual ground fight. I was hoping the ground game would be scrapped but alas, here we are. The cinematic slow mo KO replay is class, look brilliant and satisfying. Other than that, presentation is awful. Same choppy menus, too many button presses to get to a fight and all the while there's some mention of the store, xp, challenges, coins, etc that make it look cheap. Other than Career, you have the usual play now, live events, ranked, blitz battles and now an online career which seems to mimic Ultimate Team, create 4 fighters and fighter other created fighters online while building them up. I much preferred Ultimate Team and the card system for unlocking moves.

So, I will absolutely not be buying this for 80 euro. Gonna wait on a deep sale, black friday, Christmas, New Years etc. I always buy MMA games day 1 I cannot justify 80 quid for UFC 4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Same as, might get EA play and give it a go for the 10 hours and then pick it up once reduced.

The graphics look to be a major upgrade compared to 4 on comparison videos on YouTube. Are they much better while playing?

It does look very nice, especially the ko replays and the new damage system but it just feels like UFC 4 other than the new subs. The reviews are really weird as well. Ign gave it a 9 saying it's the best mma game yet which is a goddamn lie, it's not even the best ea ufc game, 2 & 3 were better. And the reviews say the same thing about the roster was increased with new fighters when the only new fighters from the ufc 4 roster are bonus fighters like Fedor. Reeks of EA paying for reviews.

Absolutely with 4 euro for a month of EA Play for the 10 hour trial. Dead Space was recently added as well of you're into horror games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

See EA released a statement about adding new fighters, presumably after Dana addressed it at a press conference and somebody realized they had to make some effort.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-5/news/ufc-5-additional-fighter-info

Yupp haha good on that reporter and then the lines of a Luke Thomas asking fans what's this all about. Reading online, it sounds like the new online career mode (ultimate team) seems to be the one with the most legs but the meta has already been found where if you spam jab, it breaks their block and you can get the ko. Jesus, EA should just go back to boxing games.

Advertisement