Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid Sick Leave

Options
  • 29-08-2023 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

What are the current entitlements for covid related sick leave?

Got my first dose of it and having a rough time. Not sure what my entitlements are or what is expected from me. All seemed like it was over so I'm not sure if the old things are still in place.

Lots of info for public sector employees but I am private sector.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

If you are sick you are sick, dosnt matter what the illness is.

Typically its 3 days paid leave uncertified, anything longer would require a doctors cert but this is determined by your employer. Check with your HR department for your companies specific sick leave policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I thought the rules were different for covid. You can't go to the doctor to get a sick cert I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The Covid illness benefit was ended in September 22, so entitlements are the same as any other illness. Revert to your employment contract for any entitlements other than statutory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭C3PO

It would be a foolish employer who would make it difficult for an employee to stay away from the office while they have Covid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

More foolish not to have policies in place related to pay. Covid is now considered as an illness similar to any other, and leave is paid with the same regard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement