Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Match Preview sign-ups

Options
  • 28-08-2023 10:34pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is something we have done in the past for the 6N and following a suggestion from @[Deleted User] we will be doing it again for the World Cup.

The idea is simple - we will open the floor to people to volunteer to write a match preview thread that will go up after the team is announced and become the opening post for the match-day thread. There are no specific requirements for this post, but it is expected that anyone who volunteers puts a bit of effort into it. No other match-day thread will be allowed, so please get it up at a reasonable point before the match (it does not have to be within hours of the team announcements, but as soon as practical). I will add below when posters have been assigned to a match.

For the Ireland matches it will not be first come first served, please indicate if you would like to contribute and to which matches, and we will pick someone on a deeply convoluted and secret basis. For all other matches (e.g. if someone would like to do the opening match) I am happy to leave it at first come first served. If we continue this on in the knockout stages I will update the thread or add a new one, so please don't advocate for those matches now.

France - New Zealand - @swiwi_

Ireland - Romania @[Deleted User]

Ireland - Tonga @ionadnapokot

Ireland - South Africa @[Deleted User]

Ireland - Scotland @sydthebeat

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Comments

Advertisement