Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulled By Garda Need Help

Options
  • 28-08-2023 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Hi I'm completely new to this and need help urgently.

over the weekend I was pulled for front window tints

as a 21 male I did not fight him. I was unable to remove them on the spot

he said I have 5 days to produce the car with tints removed (I'm also wondering if this sounds correct as 5 days seems too minimal)

He did not test the windows tint

percentage aswell.

he said if I do not do this within 5 days I will be summoned to court.

does all this sound correct, can he really summon me to court without testing the tint etc

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

You'll be grand, just take them off.

Just get them removed and pop to the station and let him confirm.

If it is actually below the legal percentage and/or you disagree with being asked to remove you’re as free as a bird to tell the garda to send the summons.

At that point you can present your case to the judge and any evidence you have that proves they are within legal tint limits. My advice would be to have that independently assessed by a garage before making a fool of yourself in court if it turns out you’re wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Might be better posted in the motoring forum.

What tint does your windscreen and front side windows have? 65% visible light transmission is the legal limit.

65% VLT is a light enough tint. If your glass is much darker it could be obvious, even without having to use a meter to test it.

The car could have been towed if the VLT is less than 65%. Be thankful it wasn't towed.

If it isn't legal, remove the tint, show up at the nominated Garda station within the 5 days and ask for a reference to prove you turned up with the problem fixed.

Advertisement