Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Q4 etron / Wallbox charging issues

Options
  • 28-08-2023 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I am having a hard time understanding why my EV is sometimes not charging overnight. I am a first-time EV owner, so not sure what I might be doing wrong and hope that someone more knowledgable can provide some pointers. The car is plugged in most nights, but we are getting inconsistent charging outcomes, e.g. charging ends randomly and requires manual intervention to restart such as last night (see image). This morning, the car was again charged only to ~55% despite restarting the charge 3 times!

• Q4 etron (purchased new about a month ago)
    • We have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed by Ecoplex
    • Nightsaver electric customer, so trying to charge only between 11pm and 7am - the Wallbox scheduled only between these times.
    • No charge timers set in the car / myAudi app
    • We have a heat pump installed at the house also

I would have hoped that I could plug in the car whenever I get home and it will charge to 80% during the off-peak hours, but this is not happening. I don't know if the issue is with the car or the charger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I have a wallbox as well that needed a software update. I think the newer version of the app can't communicate with old software versions so I'd suggest try installing an older version of the app on your phone to push an update to the device. There was an older version of the box software that did what you are describing

Your charger also has a timer so check that when the software and app is confirmed as being the latest

Can you check your heat pumps power usage and if it's spiking at the above times? If your heat pump kicks in or spikes at certain hours the charger will cut the power for safety at the same time

Finally can you check if another car can charge on the charger and if you can charge your car on a public charger to see if the car is the issue or the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Go plug the car in for an hour and keep an eye on it to see if its charging. That would rule out the charger and car.

It could be a conflicting schedule in either the car or the charger, disable one tonight, the other tomorrow night and see if that helps.

Hope you gwt sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Have you the most recent firmware update for the car? Older version - 3812 has known issues with scheduled charging.

Advertisement