Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Form 11 for 2019, but got €3598 pre-filled in "Amount of tax payable for this period"

Options
  • 27-08-2023 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I received a letter from Revenue recently titled "Notification of Level 1 Compliance Intervention - Re: Tax Liability on Share Options Exercised". I believe this is related to the exercise of the ESPP share options from 2019.

The exercise amount is below €500.

I am trying to declare this on Form 11 but noticed that without filling anything, I have over €3k pre-filled in the "Amount of tax payable for this period", 936(c)(i).

Does this mean in additional to the late filing, I'm missing over €3k payment to Revenue for the 2019 tax return? I don't have any additional income, I thought all the tax filing was handled by my employer so I shouldn't underpay my income tax.

I would like your help because this is a lot of money for me.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Have you ticked the boxes for the personal and employee tax credits on the tax credits section of the form11? If not then they're causing somewhere around 3 grand to show up as a tax liability on the calculations page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sarah1122

Thank you so much.

I ticked “self “ and “spouse” for “Employee Tax Credit”, it shows “€73.64” in the “Amount of Tax Payable for this period” now!

That is a huge change. But still any idea where this “€73.64” comes from?

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Have you declared the share options gain in the share options section of the return? If so then as tax was due on it, the could account for the amount of tax payable.

Thank you for the reply. I haven’t declared the share options yet. Without declaring anything, it still shows “€73.64”.

Thank you for the reply. I haven’t declared the share options yet. Without declaring anything, it still shows “€73.64”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Unless you are missing a tax credit/relief which should be viewable on your latest tax credit certificate for the relevant year and your taxable income on the return is correct then there you may have been under taxed slightly by your employer(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Have you claimed tax relief on medical expenses?

Have you claimed medical insurance relief?

Do you know where to enter your RTSO information?

Taxes aren't always balanced at the end of a year, particularly a few years ago before PAYE modernisation. It could easily be the case that you underpaid your tax by €74.

Advertisement