Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using An Post office to lodge cash to AIB current account

Options
  • 27-08-2023 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Ages since I've lodged anything to my account but I see An Post is offering something like this which would be more convenient for me

All I have is an ID and my day to day AIB direct debit card.

Do I need anything else or do I have to set up anything with the An Post or can I just walk in with the above, namely ID and AIB direct debit card

Any other information appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭passatman86

Use your bank card and pin then should be in your bank account within an hour on the weekdays

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've done it in the past. You just need your AIB card to lodge the money but just be ware the money doesn't appear instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

Sounds straight forward.

I use internet banking so will it even appear as a pending transaction on my account or what?? I'm not loooking for access to the funds straight away. Just want to be sure its processed to the right account and all that

Im sure An Post will provide a receipt for it anyway???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not sure if AIB has this facility but a large number of BoI ATMs will accept a cash (notes) lodgement. You enter your debit card, tell it you want to make a lodgement then bung in a number of notes and it will print off an acknowledment slip. Before you finalise the process, it tells you how much money you entered and if you don't agree with the number, you can abort the lodgement and it will return your money.

Advertisement