Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenVix/AutoBouquetMaker Queries

Options
  • 26-08-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone please remind me how to update a transponder on an OpenVix/ABM setup?

Currently it keeps dropping Saorsat - not sure why but I think it is due to my box screwing up a month or two ago.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I've forgotten the password to log into the Mutant HD51. I think the username is root, but I can't remember what the default password might be. I seen passwd on another forum, but that doesn't work for me.

I know my host IP address and port is to be 21.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It could be blank so try without any password?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's normally blank. If not, you can set it in the user interface - it is within the network settings if I remember correctly.

How do I update the transponders list again? I keep forgetting about it?

Is it the one in /etc/tuxbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

"How do I update the transponders list again? I keep forgetting about it?"

Say a bit more and I may be able to help. There is no earthly reason why you would go near etc/tuxbox to update transponders list!!

In reading your first post is it because you are losing the SAORSAT channels after a scan>

And you may mean satellites.xml file.

I dont have SAoRSAT anymore so cant check.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Advertisement

I've got the box now to tune in Saorsat and also 28.2. However, I'm not able to blend the two satellites into a single EPG using the ABM Custom Mix.

I've added a custom mix (sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix) to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. I've deleted the old bouquets and then pulled down the latest files. The ABM scan is failing on Tuner B.

It did complete a few times, but the updates did not swap in Saorsat where I wanted them.

I've got the tuner setup so that tuner B is equal to tuner A. sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix I've created isas shown:

<custommix>
    	<deletes>
    		<!-- Delete channels that have been swapped, to remove duplication -->
    		<delete target="161"></delete>
    		<delete target="162"></delete>
    		<delete target="163"></delete>
    		<delete target="164"></delete>
    		<delete target="165"></delete>
    		<delete target="166"></delete>
    		<delete target="167"></delete>
    		<delete target="168"></delete>
    	</deletes>
    	<inserts>
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="1"  target="161"></insert> <!-- RTE1 HD -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="2"  target="162"></insert> <!-- RTE2 HD -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="4"  target="163"></insert> <!-- TG4 -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="3"  target="164"></insert> <!-- RTE1 NEWS NOW -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="7"  target="165"></insert> <!-- RTE JUNIOR -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="9"  target="166"></insert> <!-- TITHE AN OIREACHTIS -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="11" target="167"></insert> <!-- RTE1 +1 -->
    		<insert provider="sat_0090_saorsat" source="12" target="168"></insert> <!-- RTE2 +1 -->
    	</inserts>
    </custommix>

Any ideas as to what I'm missing. It has been ages since I worked on this and I can't find any documentation to help me.

I had a look and its not a sysem I use but i can see the benefits. With Saorsat i would have tuner B set to 9e and A to 28east. having B equal A does not make sense because if you were using Saorview it would use dedicated tuners. I have forgotten what tuner b to a does, i think its for one feed.

You can put mix file in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

and where it says create SAORSAT main bouquet say no and no to hd, give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

My understanding is that Tuner B = Tuner A simply means they share the same database for tuning details. Setting a single tuner to a specific satellite could mess up your recordings if you want two channels at once from the same sat. Having the tuners equal allows the box choose whichever tuner(s) are free to use. Obviously you have to configure the DISEQC controls to suit your satellites.

This is my Tuner A setup for four satellite. Tuner B = Tuner A

EDIT: FWIW I don't use AB as it seems to cause as much hassle as it saves. For the few times anything of note changes, it is easy to manually edit the bouquet(s)

Each tuner is fed from a multiswitch which has 28.2 on poart A and 9.0 on Port B.

Auto Scan - picks up 30 channels on Saorsat:

Will post results when they complete.

Will also show Tuner B Signal Finder.

• Advertisement

ABM Configure:

ABM Providers:

Provider Order:

ABM scan seems to work, but then when I look at 162:

Out interest why are you using a multiswitch for 2 sats but box has 2 tuners!! I may be missing the obvious. to combine epg it is recommended that for SAORSAT you dont say yes to create main etc say no to all.

what does 162 mean?

How many channels do you actually watch? The approach i use is add all channels I need to favourites bouquet, it can be done with remote i use dreambox edit, others use webif. Then if you do an abm scan those channels remain untouched.

did you put mix file as above?

2 runners so parent could record if wanted on 1 tuner and view a different transponder via the second.

Ch 162 is where rte2 via saorsat should be on the custom mix - from the mix at top. Mix is as above.

Are you saying that with the multiswitch you can view say ITV1 and record BBC1 at same time?? What would happen if you wanted to watch RTE1 on SAORSAT?? I'm just curious.

To fix your custom mix you may have to re do the xml. Just for interest I used a guide on WOS by joe 90 and got saorview and freesat on the mix file provided by joe 90. I FTP 'd to 2 locations playing safe and I then said no to SAORVIEW bouquet.

If you GO to to the the thread I'm sure they will know how to sort SAORSAT.

Let us KNOW when and how you got it sorted.

Yes - I can do that. The box records using one tuner and then views using the other. It is interchangable too - so if viewing on Tuner A, recording will occur using Tuner B and vice versa. Also, if recording on A (as it is the default Tuner) you can view live TV using Tuner B.

Each tuner has a separate feed from the Multiswitch which allows this to work.

This is the satellite setup. I've got a EMP Centauri multiswitch taking in Saorsat and a feed from Sky dish. I'm in Northern Ireland so I wanted the Sky NI region EPG to be replicated on this TV. When the KaSat LNB is used, there is no need to update.

When you setup as above and tune it in, you get all your stations, but need to combine it into a single EPG. This is done using AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM). What caught me out was I needed to update the channel numbers after the tune in the EXAMPLE file used by ABM:

When this is used with the file shown in post #7 above it will combine it all into a single EPG with RTE now accessed at channel 161 - replicating the Sky NI channel listing, and so on for the other channels.

The Multiswitch allows me to watch - and record - on different transponders simultaneously. So, yes I can watch Saorsat on 1 tuner and record on another tuner.

It works primarily because Saorsat is all on a single transponder. So, within the house I can watch TG4 in my bedroom on one TV whilst mother watches RTE1 on this TV, simultaneously recording BBC on the same TV.

Does this answer your question, it's been over a year since you posted and I only got it resolved tonight.

Well, lost Saorsat signal. It is fickle. Not sure why. Other room has got a signal straight from the multi switch.

So must be an issue with tuner. Can anyone remind me of the fake transponder settings for Saorsat?

Edit: rebooted the box and it is working again. Plug was pulled out and pushed in again and must have sent it ahoy.

Post edited by funkey_monkey on

Advertisement