Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing a DDR arcade machine.

Options
  • 26-08-2023 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

I have a good friend who's in the market for a DDR cabinet. I understand it's a big ask but could anyone point me in the right direction or know the whereabouts of one for sale within Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dav09

It is a big ask at the minute. Barcades have bought most up and many scrapped. If you source one and want it modded to new software or fixed let me know. UK is your best bet but usually 2.5k+ now. Nearly cheaper to import a newer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks for the reply and your offer of help. I knew they'd be thin on the ground over here alright. I was thinking sourcing one from the UK may be a more feasible option. Could you recommend anyone reliable over there that may deal in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dav09

I buy most machines not working so there's no disappointments when they arrive haha, fix them up after. Occasionally one of the big resellers has one like Sega, Namco, JNC but rare unless it's the new 20k DDR X2s. Maybe Play leisure. As I said if it's not working I'm happy to help, believe it or not DDR machines are mostly JAMMA so a Jpac and LIT PCB plus software is all you need really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks for the name of that company. I've passed it on to my friend. I'll let you know how they get on.

Advertisement