Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60Mbps down 17Kbps up

Options
  • 26-08-2023 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Ongoing issue with my FTTH connection.

Got fiber installed about a year ago, no problems. Last month out of no where Internet just stopped. PON lights were fine, modem lights were fine but upload speed was kpbs. Called tech support and they could not access my modem it showed as offline on their side so said they had to send out an engineer. Sometime between ending the call and the engineer calling with a new modem the LOS on the PON was flashing (trying to connect to upper layer device?). This went on for weeks and ended up switching provider because the support was awful.

New provider, more connection problems, sent out an engineer, found an issue at the splitter outside the house where my feed was plugged into a port not assigned to my house. Plugged it into the correct one, Internet working again.

Connection lasted a week.

Woke up Thursday morning to LOS on PON flashing again. Rang tech support, not sure what they found but on Friday morning they requested that i reset the PON and Modem. This got Internet back until Friday night when the upload speed dropped to 17kbps and download is 60Mbps (supposed to be 500Mbps). Rang support this morning and they cannot see my device again (same as previous provider essentially). Supposed to send an engineer out on Monday.

I don't know what the topology is between the demarc and the ISP. I presume it's a line issue between my house and the splitter outside.

Is this a case of them just abandoning an investigation and just pulling a new cable? On the Open eir network apparently.

Advertisement