Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small hammer handles

Options
  • 26-08-2023 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've 3 small old hammer heads that I want to put handles on. Any idea where I can pick up some small handles? Munster or Online.

~ 23cm * 2.5cm *2cm is the size of an existing handle. This small size seems a little hard to find.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

pic

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bit longer than what you're looking for but might be close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I make my own handles from store-bought shovel handles. A typical shovel handle will cost up to €10 and yield 3 or 4 hammer handles. Bit of work with a spokeshave and rasp but you do get a custom handle and an opportunity to orientate the grain correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Thanks for the replies. Cutting up a brush handle is so obvious I'm ashamed I didn't think of it. Gave it a go yesterday. Seems fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Some of the better hardware and agri supplies stores will also carry hardwood hoe handles, about 28mm in diameter, ideal for smaller handles and

can be shaped pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you could use fork handles too; best ask for four of them though, so you've plenty spare.

Advertisement