Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Con Retrofit for VW T5 camper

Options
  • 26-08-2023 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi. Can I ask advice on getting Aircon retrofitted to a T5 converted camper. Just back from France and biggest problem was the heat both up front and in back. Hitting 42 in the back. Van is 2003 and only thing lacking is Aircon. Would anyone know where to go for a retrofit, what price and is it worth it for a 2003 van.

Thanks for reading. Any advice welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I am not sure to the cost of a retro fit but it won’t come cheap as there would be quite a bit of work involved as you would need the compressor and associated pulleys belts etc at engine end plus the rest of the refrigeration system and controls fitted inside the van, have a look at the Dyson website for air purifiers, I have seen one of these in a house recently and the air was quite cool coming from it, with a second battery and an inverter to run it might do the job you require

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tomal

Thanks for advice. Will have a look at the Dyson. But are there AC retrofitters operating in Ireland or NI

Advertisement