Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fret-work in Galway or Limerick?

Options
  • 25-08-2023 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey all... looking for recommendations for who's the best guy or gal to go to for electric and acoustic guitar fret-work? [come to think of it, I never come across a female luthier -- why is that?!]

I'm in East Clare, so either Galway or Limerick would seem to be a good bet, although if there's some kind of guitar-tech-wiz hiding out in East Clare, would love to hear of it!

I need someone who really knows their stuff, and preferably is a proficient guitar player themselves. I've just had two guitars re-fretted -- a Gibson electric and an Ovation acoustic, but the set-up is less than ideal.

So far, my researches have turned up Kieren Maloney or Paul Doyle in Galway, Dolmen Guitars in Newcastle West and possibly somebody connected with Steamboat music in Lim... but I've no idea who's 'the one to trust'.. or if there are others lurking about?

Advertisement