Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRH Share Certificates

Options
  • 25-08-2023 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a small holding in CRH for over 20 years now, held in certificates.

I've never done anything with it but with upcoming change to NYSE listing I think it's time to divest. Does anyone have any guidance on how I can go about this with certificates? Any help appreciated as I'm fairly clueless. TIA

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭notsocutehoor

It looks like a really complicated business, but hopefully simpler than the documentation would suggest, and I'm assuming you've got the raft of documentation this week. I'm not sure if you can get rid of your paper certs at this stage but either way I suspect it may be the most expensive (if less hasslesome) option. I have registered with www.investorcentre.com.ie (Section A of the document), a reasonably painless process, and I can now see my shareholding there. My plan is to ultimately (after 25th September) transfer these shares to a US broker that I have an account with so I'm hoping that it will be a reasonably painless process.

I'd suggest registering with www.investorcentre.com.ie as suggested in Section A, and ringing them (01 6968467) on 26th September to discuss your options - it should be relatively inexpensive to sell them through Computershare at that stage. Another thing to remember that if you are going to continue to hold the shares after the switchover you will need to complete and return the W-8BEN form before the dividend is paid on 22nd November.

This is all probably as clear as mud

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CalgavraD

Thank you for your reply

Have to admit that the bulky envelope with heaps of instructions are what prompted me to ask the question, but like you say it was relatively straightforward once I got into it.

I agree that it's probably too late to sell the physical certs - easiest is to wait until the transfer is complete and then sort it out.

Advertisement