Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chips

Options
  • 24-08-2023 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭

How do you like yours? Crispy, Chunky, Skinny, Regular Medium, Well Cooked, Hard, etc.,

With Salt, Vinegar and Ketchup

I'm definitely in the well cooked crispy regular medium sized chips with salt and vinegar camp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Chunky, Crispy with Salt and Vinegar. I'd take curry sauce over ketchup

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not a usual fan of chips, but when I do: crispy, well done, skinnyish and (a must) skin on.

Happy with curry, ketchup, mustard or mayo dips. S&V please...

(P.S. I dislike most "chipper" chips. Too greasy and underdone. But, nod to Vinnie's in Galway's West End. The best!)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Chunky, twice fried in beef dripping, lightly salted.

There's no finer chip !

We need to get rid of this concept of "wedges". Had never heard of them till the '90s.

Fight me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Most ways other than crinkle cut.

Good chipper chips (plenty of salt and vinegar, and sweaty from being wrapped), good chips from a Belgian Friterie (with proper mayo), skinny frozen chips with too much salt, skinny home made chips (deep fried of course) tossed with garlic and parmesan, chunky triple cooked chips with home made mayo, mid sized chips soaked in curry sauce (with salt and vinegar underneath), chips stuffed into a roll with butter, salt and chilli chips from the local chinese...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I forgot about crinkles and skinned, but I would pass personally on both

I'm also very choosy on curry

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

My wife won't eat the crinkles, I don't know why people don't like them? Personally I'd have no issues with a crinkle chip, as long as it is cooked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I wouldn't be a crinkler either, the texture is weird.

I love thick chipper chips, loaded with vinegar.

Heinz ketchup, accept no substitutes. Chef can get in the bin.

Advertisement