Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co council jobs

Options
  • 23-08-2023 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In your experience how long on average after you send off your application do the coco's take to call you if you will be interviewed for the position?

Also were you notified of interview by call, email or post

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Depends on each Local Authority. Since Covid, most will now do things electronically via email so check your spam folder etc. If you had to post an application form in, then it'll likely be via post and an in person interview etc.

There's usually an information booklet available for each competition, should let you know the closing date, expect at least 2 - 3 weeks on average after that. Depending on the role and how everything lines up for the recruiting team, it could be weeks before you hear anything at all. This is due in part to a need to shortlist and application numbers could be very high and availability for people to sit on the board could be causing issues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Teresa7

Thanks for this reply. I emailed my application form in, but there was an option to post it too. I applied for the role 5 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back at all yet so I'm starting to assume it might be filled. Do they generally let you know if you were unsuccessful? What way do the panels work? Will you be informed if put on a panel? The application was for a support worker role.

Thank you again

Advertisement