Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dealing with VRT

Options
  • 22-08-2023 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, So I have a few questions before I bite the bullet and attempt to VRT a car. Essentially I bought a Peugeot 308 GTI (2016) at a salvage auction in roughly 2019. After I won the bid I had it shipped over straight away and ive worked on it since. I've been wanting to turn it into my daily now since ive got the funds to finally VRT it these are pretty rare here and they're lovely enjoyable hot hatches. I've restored the car to original or as close as possible and now im in a bit of a predicament.

Essentially the site says I need 'evidence of the date of entry of a vehicle into the state', now , since the cars been here for almost 4 years and it states on the website I need to "make an appointment with the NCTS within seven days of bringing the vehicle into the state" and have it registered within 30 how would I go about making it seem it just came in? Would going on a ferry with it to england and coming back and showing the ticket with the vehicles registration suffice? or are there any alternate options.

Would this also mean its exempt from the customs charge or whats the deal with that?

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Advertisement