Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost for deep clean and fillings

Options
  • 22-08-2023 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Very nervous dental patient here. Recently visited smile hub and was told I need a deep clean (more detailed than a basic “PRSI” clean) done in two separate visits and 2 filings in my back teeth. Cost of each deep clean is €250 and of each composite filling is €190.

Any advice on these costs being sensible or not would be appreciated as they seem high but maybe I just don’t know..:.

Also any recommendations s for a dentist good with nervous patients and maybe would even do sedation for the procedures

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Try another dentist and just go in for your basic yearly check up and clean , 15 euro, with prsi and then see what they say about what else you need.

depending on the fillings tooth and stuff , even 250 euro is steep. Can range from 120 to 200euro depending on what’s being done.

Edit : actually just re-read the filling is 190euro not 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The op has already used up his/her free PRSI examination, and advising someone to go in for a scale and polish when they have been advised of periodontal problems, seems ill informed.

OP, if the Dentist explained clearly to you why the deep scaling/root planing was needed, no doubt this is far more extensive and a much longer appointment with local anaesthetic, than a standard scale and polish, it is now up to you to decide to take that advice, ignore it, or get a second opinion.

Sedation will certainly add to the cost of the procedures, particularly if you need a few appointments.

Advertisement