Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asos

Options
  • 22-08-2023 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

I used to buy from ASOS using GBP but option isn't there to change from euro anymore. Is it the same for everyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Seen that the other day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I saw a comment on twitter that it's a glitch and will be fixed at some stage, hopefully they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭luapeffaat

Not sure this is a glitch. It hasn't reversed on my end at least.

They jumped the prices at the same time as making GBP a non-option. Personally this just made ASOS unaffordable and not competitive overnight. Others mightn't mind paying, but this is one way to lose customers very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah, it looks like it was an intentional 'upgrade' on Asos part alright. The GBP price discrepancy was always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mortan

The currency options available on ASOS or any other online retailer's website can vary based on several factors, including your location, IP address, and the website version you are accessing. Online retailers may adjust their available currency options based on market conditions, customer demand, or other factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

There is a hack. Change your location to the United Kingdom and shop in pounds.

Then, when you go to the checkout, at the top where it says 'deliver to' change it to Ireland. It then keeps everything in pounds.

Works on the app.

You're welcome.

Advertisement