Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technics 1210 repair service ?

Options
  • 22-08-2023 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know of a good technics repair service in ireland ?. im in mayo and picked up a 1210mk5, but the sound is off. Pretty sure its the rca cable. Theres a kind of muffled noise to the audio that comes and goes and the stereo field seems to be cutting in and out, and the severity changes as i move around the rca cable.. (atleast it did earlier) I jiggled the rca cable around earlier and now it seems to be playing normally. Does this sound like a cable issue ? I've jiggled the cable again but cannot seem to reproduce the bad sound.. any ideas what the issue could be ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mickb

Hi,

Sounds like there is an issue with the RCA connector, or a break at some point in the cable.

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can just replace the RCA / ground cables.

(That's what I did with mine.)

MiCk B. :-)

Advertisement