Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours with the Rose of Tralee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Obligatory they all have lovely bottoms post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just turned it on for 30 seconds. After 3 seconds, I knew they were talking about mental health. I'm sure that Rose is a lovely girl with a lovely bottom but do people not get fed up talking about mental health constantly? I think it's affecting my mental heath!

I suppose we should be happy that world peace isn't the go-to topic to talk about anymore...😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

She’s a 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Saw about a couple of minutes when I switched over for the news. God, it's some tripe to have on for hours on two nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭StevenToast

If this shìt is deemed entertainment....i demand they bring back calor gas housewife of the year ....

Tubridy could host it....i think he is available....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭amacca

I saw the start....everyone I've seen so far is as my cousin would say a "munter"

I suppose its politically incorrect to have stunners in a competition now is it? Some pricking focus group decided to pivot towards focussing on "personality"

All the enjoyable things in life are slowly disappearing...the only **** soft drink that's easily obtained that contains actual sugar is a standard coke..(the rest come with gack tasting aspartame or stevia or saccharin) and most of the ones on the rose of tralee look like the types that order diet coke or coke zero.

I demand RTE offer the kind of prize money that might attract vacuous stunners that just want a paycheck if they want me to pay the license going forward.

That's my final offer Donnybrook, I don't care if they like small furry animals, engage in multiple acts of selfless charity, each one considers themselves more privileged than the last and just cured a rare skin disorder through their research in RCSI.......

😂 I was halfway through that post and about to like it, but I’m enjoying a Coke Zero so ya can go an…..

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

How this makes it to the television screen is beyond me!

This programme had its day & the only interest as far as I can see is from the rural community!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Daithi is a glorious gobsh1te , born to host this nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Double the hosting cost for twice the cringe... I haven't watched it. Does it have, ahem, total representation yet?

I agree with Badly Drunk Boy though, everything that's supposed to be entertainment is being "dragged down" by constant reminders of the struggles eveyrone is going through. I mean, it does need highlighting, but it also does drag down whatever fun was being had imo, and that applies to everything, not just Tralees Rose. Then again, maybe I'm just not the target audience, although I'm not sure who is anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I wonder is there a barter account involved in the plug for the Tralee sex shop 🤔

We'll have to ask Kathryn. She seems to know it's inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

I'm convinced that this is the "Culchie of the Year" contest for young women.

This is so Irish it's almost unbelievable.

P.S Kathryn Thomas gets on my wick in a serious way and Daithi O'Se just has to turn up and be himself to make me nauseous.

Some people will watch any auld rubbish.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Francis McM

How anyone could watch that tripe and that smug pr**k O'Shea is beyond me. It has had its day 30 years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah, but sure aren't they all lovely girls....

The Rose of Tralee was out of date and twee 25 years ago but like the Angelus, RTE keep it going for the aul wans (most of RTE's core audience these days, I reckon).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

the rural community frowns on your shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just tuned in this second, hasn't seen any so far over the 2 nights.

A married Rose?

Nope, I'm out.. too woke for me.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Apparently so. Kathryn thanked them for the handcuffs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭HBC08

So this is the Rose thread for cynical coonts?

I'll happily follow this one and the other one.

Of course this stuff went out of fashion 30 years ago and as others have alluded to the mental health,dyslexia, autism,dead granny,bullied at school etc is really a tiresome bit we could do without.

However the fact that something this far out can take over our screens for two nights in the summer is bizarrely and gloriously Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Was there anyone normal on it? or are they all still doing PHD's in Harvard? or working as a brain surgeon in Sydney?

Advertisement