Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA Jobs - are there any

Options
  • 21-08-2023 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who has recently done a QQI level 6 to become an SNA. I get the impression that many of the jobs advertised are already ear-marked for existing SNAs working in the schools. Are there many real jobs available for SNAs? Is there much/any demand for sub work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

My wife is an SNA. She did some subbing between two different schools before being successful in her application for full time position in one of them. She said she got no easy ride in the interview, but it was most definitely an advantage that she knew the school and was able to be very specific in how she answered the questions. Being practical about it, I am sure the fact that she was a known quantity was also taken into account.

She always got plenty of subbing hours but it was often at short notice

Advertisement