Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tiguan clutch sticking

Options
  • 21-08-2023 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Wanted to get opinions on whether I should be worried. I have a 4 year old Tiguan. The clucth was acting a little funny for a few weeks. Sticking half way up occasionally. Then one morning the clutch just stuck to the floor and the car would not go into gear. Got it towed and the clutch was gone. Had it replaced. Flywheel was not replaced as mechanic said it was fine and would take an extra week to get the part (we have only one car and needed it). The clutch is still somewhat sticky. I went back and the mechanic bleed it but it's still not right.

The car is driving fine but I am paranoid that the root issue has not been resolved. What do people think I should do? The mechanic is not near me as the clutch went on holidays so it is awkward to keep going back to him.

Advertisement