Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Designs

Options
  • 20-08-2023 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Rebuilding the garage after a fire and looking for useful designs / ideas.

Garage is story and a half, 8m x 5m with a rolling door at one of the short ends.

Need space for the stairs, decent work bench, room for four bikes etc. upstairs will be a gym for the most part.

Any recommendations, design ideas, photos, what not to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭FJMC

Cavity walls - insulation - insulated door - windows - personnel doors - external steps - drains - wc - shower?

Location in relation to house - ease of access - aesthetics, etc.?

Planning required?

F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭randombar

dry lined and plastered

insulated doors and windows

was thinking of external stairs but both gables are used. Panels. Rolling door.

about 10m walk from backdoor

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimbobmalones

What way are you planning on drylining? I've a similar project and seem to get differing advice re

using insulation board on inside of an insulated cavity wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭randombar

That's actually up for debate at the moment.

I had cavity block and dry lining. Was nice and warm in it.

Could do the same OR block on flat + dry lining OR double leaf with insulation in the middle. comes down to cost I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimbobmalones

My house is cavity block with insulation in middle and also drylined and have had no issues since 2010 however

a lot of posters seem to think condensation and mould are only around the corner with this setup.

I currently have a shed with cavity and underfloor insulation (did is when building so I could convert later)

and am now looking at converting to office but am unsure whether I should add additional insulation to internal walls.

J

• Advertisement
Advertisement