Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum plot size and dimensions for grant aid?

Options
  • 19-08-2023 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to plant a small area beside my house, partially for shelter but mostly because I want more trees about the place. In fact I'll probably do multiple small plots in 3 or 4 fields.

Are there minimum requirements regarding size to get grant aid? I think I remember reading terms and conditions somehwhere before that stated something like 30 meters was the minimum width for a plot but that could have been for GLAS.

From the new 2023 booklet "Approval from the Department is required for all new forest projects where the area involved is greater than 0.1 hectares (approximately 0.25 acres). All paperwork at pre-planting, post-planting and at the second grant instalment stage must be submitted by a registered forester."

I'm probably going to plant at least the 0.25 acres so I presume it'll qualify for grants but I'd like to read the fine print or guide lines or something.

Comments

Advertisement