Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe is going to install all this solar to reduce our fossil fuel dependency... Oh wait

Options
  • 19-08-2023 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Can't say that I am surprised any ramp up will take time https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/08/18/significant-bottlenecks-eu-has-same-amount-of-solar-panels-stockpiled-than-installed-says-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Not particularly surprised either, trained installers are often the bottleneck.

Particularly in a high inflation environment with low unemployment, not many people want to spend a few poorly paid years doing an apprenticeship when there's reasonable money to be made elsewhere with no experience

I've noticed a lot of planning permission applications for solar farms recently, I wonder if suppliers are stockpiling equipment for those larger projects when they start construction

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement