Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 292: Sterling vs. O'Malley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Decent card, Brad Katona could end up a double TUF champ.

Steling looks in phenominal shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm struggling to see past Aljo, too many ways to win, think he'll take o malley down at will

happy enough to see him get it done and move up, not a fan of either, div could do with a new champ.

Lemos has a punchers chance and hard to see past Garry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Foty right there

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

How do I pay for the PPV for this? I havent paid for a UFC for awhile. Ive lost my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

It's not a PPV it's on TNT sports 1 formerly BT sport u need a subscription to TNT sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

The ultimate fighter finals delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This Bautista fight has no business whatsoever on the PPV main card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nobody watching Ian Garry?

Looking forward to.the last two fights. I've always been a big fan of Welli, and that fight with Joanna Jedrzejczyk just made me a bigger fan. Greatest fight of all time in my opinion, men or women.

I have this feeling that Sterling will finish O'Malley in round 1. I'm sure he wants to get to the ground as fast as possible because he doesn't want to go toe to toe with O'Malley.

Dominant win, but Magny has been killed by the top dogs in this division so going the full 15 minutes disappointing.

The stuff at the end was poor with him flipping of Magny but it is what it is unfortunately.

• Advertisement

He's just very smart. Obviously listening to his coaches. I'm sure he was told not to go to the ground.

He did all the right things, kept going after the leg. As was said in the commentary everything he doescis so well disguised.

I don't think a decision win where you are completely dominant can in any way be considered poor. It showed he's not just a one trick pony.

Absolute domination by Weili.

Amanda Lemos is one tough cookie to survive the five rounds with all the punishment she took.

288 total strikes to 21. That's a new record in a few ways.

Oh yeah was referring to his behaviour towards Magny when the fight ended.

The Thompson fight was one I called ages ago as did many tbf, he's still a name and can go and would be a step up compared to Magny.

Dunno the logistics of having a fight night in Ireland in the next few months but that's a good main event for sure.

I didn't give O'Malley much chance , but wow! Dana must be delirious.

Merab will now beg for the title fight, but he's got no chance, Vera is the one that Sean wants and its the safest one for someone the UFC will be hoping is champ for ages.

Sterling looked completely off last night. It's like he had no clue how to handle O'Malley.

Yeah a lot of people called Wonderboy as the logical next step and it is. Garry has a lot of talent for sure and I hope he has a great career but that 0 defeats is a target on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He said in his Interview something along the lines of not being able to deal with him, and that he had some long range strikers in camp to simulate but it obviously didn't make a difference.

Some shot that floored him, reminded me of McGregor v Alvarez. O'Malley just out of range of Sterling's shot and then bang.

Sterling was pure class in defeat with his interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Ive been watching it from all angles all night. What a right. Is he actually as good as that right? Or was there some luck involved? Too absolutely perfect. The way he said he was nervous after the fight. You couldnt wish for a better plant. Noice!

He said it himself "I dont know if that was a mistake or am I just that Fkking good!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Really enjoyed the card.

Didnt expect that from Sean at all, what a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Totally agree, after Cody dropped out they should have switched another fight in there, was totally out of place.

Overall event was a mixed bag but the main card was fairly good. Katona v Gibson was solid on the prelims.

Amazing performances by O' Malley, Garry and Weili. They all made it look easy - shame Garry missed out of POTN bonus for that total destruction of Magny.

Aljo earned a lot of respect for how he handled that loss, Suga as well for being humble enough about the win. Garry as usual made himself even more unlikable at every turn despite a massive performance.

Think Weidman really has to just hang it up at this stage.

Advertisement