Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weatherstripping Headache: Looking for Advice

Options
  • 18-08-2023 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello again everyone,

I was painting my front door and noticed the weatherstripping was looking fairly weathered.

I decided to replace it and ordered this weatherstripping from Screwfix.

It arrived just today, but it won't fit into the slot at all. It falls out without a notion of gripping. I see now that the one from Screwfix states on the packet that it is for a 3 mm gap around the frame, whereas the original fitted into a 5 mm gap, but that wasn't clear from the website at all. I already cut off a bit of the Screwfix material to fit the top of the door, so returning it seems like a lost cause.

Is there anything I can do? Would sticking it in place with silicone be madness? Or should I cut my losses and order this instead from Silver's Hardware?

That might even be a better product. Would be eager to hear from other users.

Thanks again!

Comments

Advertisement