Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH and Sky

Options
  • 18-08-2023 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just off the phone to sky i had FTTH installed last september and its been perfect since install but in my yearly call to sky to lower prices a weird thing came up.

Basically Sky kept talking about how i had an NBI line and that meant if i left Sky broadband i couldnt come back due to some issue between NBI and Sky. I assumed this was some sales BS to keep me with them but from what i've been reading it appears to be true. Has anyone heard why this is?

I spoke to a few people at Sky who all said the same thing but didnt know the details as they didnt seem to really understand it but basically as things stand if you are on a NBI line with Sky and you leave, the option to come back does not exist. They said i can move to vodafone as they also handle the NBI lines but i cant come back.

Why would this be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

It may be that they are having difficulties putting the processes in place to do so or some have speculated here that they don’t want switchers as they may leave once the intro deal is up.

The rep actually using this to try and dissuade you from switching possibly makes it grounds for a complaint to ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

They did mention there was something being worked on for next year but nothing definitive yet and they said vodafone were in the same position. In fairness they were giving me all the UAN info etc to switch but it was mentioned a few times that right now they wouldnt be able to accept the line back next year unless something changes. I am happy to stay with them but wanted the price down i just wasnt expecting this nugget of info.

Advertisement