Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detective Hats - What 2015 Audi model is this part from?

Options
  • 18-08-2023 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

First time posting in this forum. I am hoping someone might be able to help me.

I was recently the meat in an Audi sandwich. Unfortunately the driver left the scene. The front bumper grille on the lower left hand (Passenger) side was left.

I am trying to identify the exact model or group of models that this grill type belongs to. Part Number: LH 4G0.807.681.AD

So far I think it is a Audi A6 (I could be wrong) but I know the grills differ depending on the specific class or model of the car. The car was registered in 2015.

I have found some links to the part online but I am not exactly sure of which model it belongs to.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me narrow it down?

Thank you.

I found these links:

https://www.partan.fr/en/catalogue/audi-4g0807682ad-a6-4g2-c7-4gc-2016-grill_63353/# - This one says its for a "2.0 TDI quattro" Models: A6 (4G2, C7, 4GC) - I don't know what the number in brackets are referring to.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/183514981045

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hibble

2016 Avant?

Post edited by hibble on

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kneeelix

Thanks Hibble,

I did a quick search for Audi A6 4G.

I got this.

Audi A6 Limousine (C7/4G) 2.0 TFSI Multitronic Wiki: The fourth generation C7 series Audi A6 (internally designated Typ 4G)

Would this be right?

I am trying to be as specific as possible to narrow it down for the Guards.

really appreciate your help!

Was the Avant released in 2016? If so, that would rule it out. The car that hit me was a 2015 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hibble

There's a 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That is from the Audi A6 SE

• Advertisement

Thanks Hibble, PsychoPete. This is really helpful.

I did more digging trying to be more specific on the exact model and I found this 2015 sales brochure. Page 26 has an image of the Saloon version with the correct grill type. I am not sure if it is an Avant or a Saloon (See page 29).

Is there any way to tell bar the Avant has the spoiler/extended boot?

Also are there only 3 variants models of each, the SE, S Line and Black Edition. This really helps me narrow it down.

This is what we have so far - a 2015 Audi A6 (C7/4G) SE (Special Edition or Standard Edition?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭User1998

Have you passed this information on to the Gardai? I don’t think they are going to know the difference between an SE, S Line, or Black edition.

And how do you expect the driver to be found/prosecuted without knowing the registration number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭kirving

Sometimes the lack of knowledge (transfer is shameful). Like you see what is clearly say a F10 5 Series on CrimeCall CCTV and they say "Dark BMW".

Obviously not going to happen here, unless the hit and run was exceptionally serious, but I remember during the Joe O'Reilly murder case, two separate people I knew owned Fiat Marea's. One a blue saloon, the second a silver estate. Both got house calls from the Gards to account for their movements in a pure brute force investigation, just on the off chance that one of the cars was registered incorrectly.

Yes, all information has been passed to the Gardai and they are actively requesting local CCTV. They have some footage back but it does not clearly show the registration. Their car expert originally thought it was an Audi A3 as the footage wasn't clear so the help here has been really useful and appreciated.

I provided a partial registration (I am missing the last few digits - it all happened so quickly) and I am trying to narrow down the possible registrations based upon the information I know, such as make, model, colour etc.

Narrowing down the possible registrations is not actually too difficult a task once you think about it. Take this example. If the reg was 151-D-123XX then XX must between 0 - 99. That creates a list of 100 possibilities. Then how many of them are an Audi fitting the model A6, sub model SE and colour description. Filtering it down leaves a pretty small list (<5) for the Gardai to check out. (Also I am a bit of a Nerd and looking into it for pig irons sake! :))

I can see both sides. Keeping information vague at the early stage of an investigation serves not to rule anything out due to a poor witness description etc. Sometimes they may know that it is an "F10 5 Series" but just say "Dark BMW" to keep their options open later in the investigation.

This helps too for checking the registrations for the cars description.

https://www.motorcheck.ie/

Advertisement