Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonpay (a crypto firm) gets CBI approval

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Am I missing something, was Revolut refused a VASP approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

Revolut and MoonPay aren't similar at all. It's also hardly surprising that Revolut killed plans to become a full bank here earlier this year. The Central Bank loves collecting data and making regulations that it doesn't understand.

Really, and what specifically would those requirement be and why would any bank including Revolut be given a pass on meeting the same standards as everyone else? Keeping in mind that the tax payer is on the hook for the depositors guarantee on this, why should they be exposed to the risks on a bank that does not meet the standard criteria??? And how would they justify it in the context of EU competition rules?

I'm not speaking about Revolut's case, I'm just making a point about my own experience, like introducing new rules for ONR returns without testing them properly, inability to speak to anyone about changes, the manner in which they aggregate data, e.g. some ONR returns are a complete mess. Reporting quarterly when the ONR system is just comparing two numbers (i.e. It can't tell the difference between y/e figures @ Q4 Year 1 v Q1 Year 2. Just looks for a 20% variance) etc.

Of course, everyone should be held to the same standard.

But we are talking specifically talking about Revolut and Moonpay! And on top of that your comments refer to procedural and operational issues. Please post on topic if you wish to continue.

• Advertisement

OP posted about Revolut/MoonPay and you started waffling about deposit guarantees, whatever floats your boat. You asked me a question I answered it. Procedure ground in regulation btw, you seem to have trouble grasping some simple points.

I did and I'm still waiting for you to point to are regulation....

Advertisement