Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate floor underlay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Get the underlay spec from shop and compare. The screw fix one has db rating of 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

thanks - ratings were identical , i went with the local shop in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hijacking your thread! Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this https://www.screwfix.ie/p/diall-wood-fibre-underlay-boards-7m-15-pack/7824r

I have a pretty old hardwood underfloor which I want to laminate over. Apparently this is good for uneven floors which would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I used similar, different thcknesses, before and always found it excellent, the important piece in the following from the ad is over what distance is the 3mm variation allowed, its usually per meter as there will be similar limitations on the laminate.

I have used the different thicknesses to level up floors using up to three layers: takes time and care but does work

Environmentally-friendly natural wood fibre underlay designed for use in new build and upgraded floors. Smooths uneven floors up to a 3mm variation. High compression strength of up to 15 tonnes/m². Ideal for click systems. Suitable for use with hard floors.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Have also used the wood fibre underlay with laminate and found it good. Gives a solid feel with none of that spongey effect and sound you can get from some of the polystyrene foam underlay. Would use again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement