Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something fishy about the distribution of persons assets after death.

Options
  • 17-08-2023 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain why my relative did not receive a copy of a will or a statement of affairs for her uncle? She received a letter and cheque and does not know how the amount was calculated.

My relation received a letter from a solicitors stating that a legal personal representative on an estate of an uncle had her contact details and that the accounts were completed and she was given a small share.

She is one of5 direct relations to the uncle. No children were born. The uncle never married.

on the second page it says my relations name address and the cheque amount with the following…..

‘I hearby release and indemnify said solicitor and said executors(solicitor executors)against all actions claims costs demands expenses or tax howsoever arising or which maybe due on account of the said payments. It also states that I am solely responsible for any tax liabilities in respect of this payment’

There was no copy of the accounts or will enclosed. No pps number were requested previously.

The total amount of the payout was 1%of the estimated value of the estate. Contacted the solicitor for her and they have not returned the call or reply to an email requesting a copy of the will.

what do you think has happened? What should be the normal procedure for distribution or a deceased person estate.

Comments

Advertisement