Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Could I Get this PC Speaker Fixed?

Options
  • 16-08-2023 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Does anyone know how I could get this speaker fixed? The volume knob has been faulty for the last 5 years. When there's either an upward or downward vertical force on it (created by the elastic band) it causes it to work. Lately it's stopped working even with a vertical force. There's something inside it that just needs a little tweaking. There's only one screw at the back of it, and after unscrewing that, it doesn't seem that it comes apart without breaking something. Does anybody know where would be the best place to go for this? I'm in Cork.

I know people might suggest it would be cheaper to get a new one, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing something actually being fixed. There has to be a way!

Thank you

Post edited by In Actuality on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

You'd be better off getting some secondhand than getting that one fixed.

http://www.adverts.ie/30830198

You'd probably get these for €15, but I'd offer them a cheeky tenner first 😜

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any possible repair will cost probably twice the cost of buying new speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It sounds like a damaged solder joint at the rear of the volume knob. One of the mobile phone repair places might re-solder it for you if you open it to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

"face" grill might be on clips and more screws to take unit apart could be there. try some plastic tool/card

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eronayne

there is a lad in midelton shopping centre would give this ago, have seen him post a number of tick toks on the repairs he does.

to be fair though, repair will probably cost as much as a replacement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement