Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small or medium boundary wall?

Options
  • 16-08-2023 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I want to replace the boundary wall I have at the minute, and I was thinking of something like this:

I would use that same column gate/pillar. Would you rather the medium (red line = 120 mm) or the small wall (green line not sure of the measure yet), both + hedge

What are the pros and cons you can think of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The green line is very low and very out of scale for the pillars and planting.

low walls tend to work best when there is a sightline or view over it. Seeing as the wall isn't blocking a view, as the planting over is in the way I don't see the point in lowering it. It's a great looking stone wall as it is. I put my energy into the planting if that's yours

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭UnhappyCustomer

Sorry, I didn't explain it adequately. The image is from another person's wall, which is the one I would like to achieve but the lines are to illustrate which height would be the ideal.

My wall is this one and I would replace from the red line onwards

Advertisement