Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths requirement for PME post primary

Options
  • 16-08-2023 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I’ve done a search as I know PME subject requirement has been discussed a lot but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.. I’m interested in doing a PME post primary and teaching maths but don’t have maths as in my degree or Hdip. Was looking to do a course that might meet the 60 ECTS credits required. I saw on a different post about the open university module, but then on a google search I found a course on nightschool.ie that claims it meets the requirements needed for maths on PME post primary.

-as it’s qqi level 5 which as far as I’m aware is 15 ECTS I don’t see how it meets the 60 ECTS - it seems too good to be true! I’ve tried contacting the teaching council and hibernia and DCU and each one keeps passing me to the other for clarification but nobody can answer whether it meets requirements..

anyone know this course or done it? I tried to post the link for the course but not allowed. But it’s nightschool.ie maths

thanks a mill!

Advertisement