Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this an ok price deal

Options
  • 16-08-2023 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

I have a deposit on a Kona 2019/2 64 kw with 48 km.

It had a battery replacement in June 2022 and one owner. Colour is dark knight I believe. I really like the colour.

Price is 27,180 which includes credit to buy.

Is this an ok deal.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,978 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Private sale? If so that's way too much. Although it is covered under another year of Hyundai bumper to bumper warranty. We've seen high mile cars sell for €20k here and low miles ones for €22k-24k

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dakota57

Hi thanks.

It's a dealer with 1 year warranty on car as well.

I looked on Done Deal and no Konas for that price €22k-24k with low mileage.

Maybe an odd one comes up.

I need to make decision soon as they need to know. Although I did notice it was on their website for 32 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭User1998

Seems about average from a dealer. Nothing special at all. Just compare it to what other dealers are selling them for.

You've answered your own question. If you can be patient and wait a while, you're likely to find a much better deal

Yes all seem about the same price with dealers.

Kearnys in Cork have scrappage deals but it all balances out to be same price.

It's a lot for a 2019 and another few thousand would buy a new MG4.

Or maybe change the type of car to buy.

It's really to cover 100 km to 150: km daily.

A good few EVs do that.

I don't mind having to public charge on odd trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭User1998

To be honest your never going to get a good deal buying from a dealer. If you value the peace of mind and extra reassurance from buying from a dealer than go ahead. But it will be by no means a bargain.

I have asked them can they do a better deal so awaiting to hear back.

It's strange as some dealers don't ask you to put a deposit down.

This is the first time we were asked this and we put one down as they said they would refund it if we decided to change our minds.

But it happened very quick with them booking an NCT, charging it to full and saying it's ready for collection the day after viewing it.

It was the first one we viewed and did a test drive in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

They're definitely being overly pushy.

I'd be inclined to take my deposit back and have a think about things. You're not looking for huge range, so you have a load of options open to you.

How much is the finance costing you? APR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

You can get a 2022 39kwh Kona for that money with 4 years Hyundai warranty. The 64kwh are a lot more expensive and you don't need the extra range.

Agree with @Paul Kiernan there. If you don't need the big range of the Kona, then for that sort of budget I would get a brand new MG4, or even a still in warranty Tesla Model 3 second hand

• Advertisement

Finance was quoted as APR 6.5 on the day (which is good) but I asked for breakdown today and it's 4230 euros which is higher than quoted on the day. It's over 5 years.

Yes I know what you are saying and I am seriously thinking now about this chunk of money which is a lot at minute.

Call me old fashioned, but if you have to finance it with a 6.5% loan, I'd personally save a little while longer, or buy a cheaper car. Particularly seeing you didn't need anywhere near the range. Some 2017 Hyundai Ioniq (a much more comfortable and nicer place to be in than Kona and also has better spec) have sold for €11k-12k in recent times (with high mileage), you should be able to pick up a low / average mileage car from about €13k or a bit more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is that car still not covered under full Hyundai warranty? That seems a crazy price, go private if you can confirm warranty still in place. We have one and great car, still right up there as best bang for buck range car, only recently logged battery replacement as no real issue with current one

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I will need to do more thinking.

I don't think there are Tesla Model 3 in that price range for 27,000. Or maybe I am looking in wrong places.

I think we will cancel Kona now as I feel it's all pressure and it was the first car we looked at.

You need to be patient and look in the right places. A forum regular recently picked up a 2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD for €25k at auction. They go for a premium of at least €4-5k over a standard Tesla Model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Keary's Renault/Dacia in Cork are advertising 0% PCP on something or other. Was only half listening.

And I think you can still get selected Cupra/Skoda/VW models on 0% too.

Advertisement