Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geothermal system and power flush

Options
  • 15-08-2023 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have a 20 year old geothermal heat pump that has stopped working. Pump guy says I have merallic sludge in the system and it needs to be power flushed. They wont do it. Recommended company says it can cost from 800 to 1,800 euro to power flush system and insert magnetic filters depending on size. Just wondering if this is normal? I cant afford it. Is there anything I can do myself to power flush the system? Its underfloor and rads. And my system its so old is there any help with upgrading it? Or swopping it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

UFH upstairs and down, with heat pump, also interested to know costs involved in flushing system, and adding magnetic filter

😎

Advertisement