Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair price change after booking

Options
  • 15-08-2023 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

does ryanair refund the price difference if the ticket price went down after booking? i am loosing 150e on my current booking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sugarman20

Eh, no.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

If only! The reality is everyone on various different flights will have paid varying fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 linthum

shite. almost 30% drop in fare in 10days after I booked. it has already fallen 2 times this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just the luck of the draw really.

If it's any consolation they can't up the price after you book either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If the price had gone up would you offer to pay the difference?

• Advertisement

Yeah see i get that. but the point is there should be some kind of protection for consumers. ryanair has certain kind of monopoly in specific routes where other airlines don't fly direct. its unfair on consumers.

Hahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaba

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ErnieG

It costs a fortune to run an airline.

Ryanair spent €9,200,000,000 on operating costs in their most recent financial year. They have to manage their yields well, or their costs will overwhelm them sooner or later.

Current air passenger protections in the EU are very strong by historical and global standards.

yeah right. so whats the rationale behind lowering the prices? least they could have kept the prices same or raise it.. regardless those who can afford will pay. the only reason i can think is to fill up the seats on the route. the destination country is no part of EU and most of the EU countries are expensive on those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Its basic economics.

They set a price for the flight you booked. Bookings obviously are low for that particular flight and its getting closer to the departure date, so they have decided to drop the price of the flight in the hope of shifting more seats, otherwise the flight will be running at a loss. They may still end up running that particular flight at a loss but if they fill all the seats at a lowere price they may get close to break even or even turn a small profit.

Don't feel too bad. I know some people who bought houses off plans as the celtic tiger was on its last legs, only to see other houses in the same development sold on at half the price when built a few years later to others who managed to snap them up as the housing market crashed.

• Advertisement

Advertisement