Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts to hold garden ninja thing

Options
  • 14-08-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one of these, for the kids

Only problem is there are no trees in my small back garden to support it.

I was thinking 2x wooden posts, with decent cement/concrete footings might work.

What size footings and posts would I need? Let's say to support at least 150kg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Your best bet is to use well anchored guy ropes to oppose the horizontal load. Then you only need footings strong enough to hold everything up. Without those, you need....something as strong as a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

+1

You want the force on the posts to be vertical as this is where your posts are strongest. Its why you will see wire fences where the wire doesnt stop on top of the post, it goes down into the ground.

Anything else will just pull any post over, unless you have ridiculous footings.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Add a crossbar.

Advertisement