Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving e-mails

Options
  • 14-08-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transfer emails from @live. ie address to @yahoo. com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

On the web -- see here, but it could be lengthy process

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/155173-how-export-copy-mailbox-outlook-com.html

If you use outlook or thunderbird application, there is option to export all mails to PST file, then you can import into any account.

Not sure if yahoo has option to import without mail client. thunderbird is free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is there any way of doing this process faster? Maybe burn them to a CD/DVD?

If you have outlook or thunderbird installed on PC/lap - its just few minutes, bit longer if mailbox huge.

Before you do export, you need to ensure your mail client sync entire mail, not just one year as default on outlook, not sure how its set in thunderbird

Long is online

No need of "burning" anything, unless want to keep backup copy of historical mail, but not on CD/DVD

What does this mean?

Sending of the message failed.

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Content conversion limit(s) exceeded; STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:ConversionFailedException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message [BeginDiagnosticData]ExceedsLimit ConversionFailedException: ExceedsLimit[EndDiagnosticData] [Hostname=AM7P191MB0597.EURP191.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]. Please check the message and try again. This message comes up when it reaches 100%

I tried thunderbolt

What are you sending? Whatever it is its to big/to many, hence server response

• Advertisement

A load of attachments from live.ie to yahoo.com email address. I tried even 1 and the message still came up

You posting messages from live - to - yahoo ? why? weren't you intending to export/import ?

Yeah I still am trying to move or export. I'm trying to find a way round it. The reason I'm doing this as I'm getting loads of spam. I keep blocking and I keep receiving them. so i set up another account so I want to move them all

fair enough, however, spam follow the user/user habits. For spammers, and this no longer done by humans, makes no hassle to shoot messages to leemaree@makes_no_difference_what_domain_you_are.on They will do to all of them and even with variants like leemaree1@ , leemaree2@ .....leemaree500@

I am more familiar with M$ outlook, but think even in thunderbird you should be able to:

1.load your both accounts, let them fully sync(download all messages)

2.move your messages from one account to another by simply dragging message-by-message or entire folder within thunderbird. Don't do crazy in one go, split it in batches, let it sync, rinse-repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you're looking for spam protection on a free email address then Gmail is really your only man, I have an old yahoo email address that I use for entering competitions and the like and its a complete sewer, Yahoo are not in a good way these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement