Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K 10th edition

Options
  • 14-08-2023 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone. I am trying, with my 8 year old son, to figure out the rules of 40k... no easy task! Anyway if you guys could help us with a few questions that would be great.

1. Some index cards say a model comes with certain weapons but they don't actually have them, E.G. necron Overlord comes with tachyon arrow and Overlords Blade, but it seems to be a Hyperphase glaive not a Overlords blade. Then the outrider squad is said to have an twin bolt rifle which they do not.
    2. A question my son asked is do you have to charge or can you just avoid the charge phase altogether even if you can make a successful charge.
    3. Can anyone explain re-rolls? like I think some weapons allow you to re-roll for hit or wound but what is the exact process- do I roll and if, say it hits the I continue and ignore the re-roll rule, but if its not a hit I re-roll and use the new result . What if I am rolling 2 dice? do I re-roll both and how many time can I use this ability in the phase.
    4. Fight Phase- when I charge in and complete my attacks is it then the other players go to return attacks within that charge and do we continue until there is a victor or do I attack and then continue on with my next move in that phase.
    5. Stratagems- ok we haven't used any stratagems yet as we are just trying to get the basic movements down but I did notice one called Grenade and was wondering is that only for units with the grenade keyword and is that how stratagems work in general.
    6. My son likes the Ultra Marines but i don't see any stratagems for them online, do they only use the core stratagems?

Really appreciate any help you guys can give.

Advertisement