Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapist for arthritic/auto-immune issues?

Options
  • 13-08-2023 9:46pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I want to see a physiotherapist about some problems I’ve been having with my back/hip. Suspected ankylosing spondylitis which…yeah, fun.

Pretty much every physio I’ve googled to date seem hyper focused on sports physiotherapy, with only vague nods to dealing with arthritis patients. I’m nervous that one who doesn’t know what they’re doing could cause a super bad flare up if they pull or poke it wrong.

Has anyone any suggestions or recommendations for physios who are experienced with arthritis patients in the Drogheda area? Someone I could have a chat with how to manage flare ups, exercises that help but don’t kill affected areas, etc? Would love if people could offer positive experiences with anyone in town 😁

Advertisement