Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer PC crashed under warranty

Options
  • 13-08-2023 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Purchased new Acer PC in April 2023 from Currys.

Initially, it would sometimes stall at the Acer logo on startup, sometimes requiring 2/3 goes but otherwise worked perfectly.

It now refuses to progress beyond that.

Have done the power reset only for it to come up with the Blue Screen Of Death.

It initiated the 'repair' facility but returned to the Acer logo afterward - back to square one.

Where do I go from here and what are my rights under warranty?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the exact error message on the BSOD? This could be something fairly minor and easily corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...hello mr. currys, heres your piece of sh1t, now wheres my new one, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭dickdasr1234

Thanks for your responses. Posted a reply edited it and saved it but it's nowhere to be found. Quite a day for tech all round. And 3.5 hours into my odyssey I'm in no fit state to outline the details of the inefficiencies in Curry's support services and in-store.

I had to walk out and leave it with them. Apparently they cannot enter it into the repair process (goes to UK ) without first engaging with diagnostic procedures (they didn't have a monitor on site as they mostly do laptops. Apparently the online team should have gone through the diagnostics process. How they were supposed to do that with a PC that is showing nothing on the screen, well god only knows. The young guy behind the counter suggested that I could take it and re-engage with the online support. I needed no words to convey my response!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fcuk that, new machine please, ive life to be living to be dealing with your horsesh1t mr. curry, you can sell the repair to some else, its not my problem!

I feel your pain 😁 Hope they will get it sorted for you. Most problems are straightforward but sometimes there’s simply just a flaw that needs fixing by vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭dickdasr1234

All sorted with a factory reset. God knows how they did it because my last attempt at home yielded only a blank screen - the computer seemed just as exhausted as I was!

Advertisement