Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane 3 CV joint replace- anyone done one?

Options
  • 13-08-2023 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Probably going at this tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has done one (1.5DCi) before.

Ive a complete driveshaft from a scrapped one- drivers side- I’m in 2 minds to just replace the whole shaft but then there’s the oil drain ballache(well the refilling more so than the draining)

wondering if jacking the car up high enough on one side will negate the need to drain?? Or if anyone has done one on a megane and knows if the CV joint typically comes off those shafts pretty easily.

thanks

marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Anyhow- went at this today, realised early enough that the driveshaft I had gotten was ever so slightly different but that the CV joint was the identical

So I took it out my driveshaft, and removed the CV joint from it, straightforward enough.

then I set about removing the CV joint from the slightly different replacement shaft.

Had it wedged in a big bench vise and was slapping it with a big lump hammer for a good hour- I eventually gave up, I could not remove it, I had a good look for hidden C clips (nothing hidden on my own one and practically identical shafts)

So auto factors in the morning for a new CV joint. Bit annoying after getting a complete shaft from a scrappy but I got it I’d say 18 months ago so I’ve zero comeback.

Marty

Advertisement